Recently I’ve been really craving some Rocky Road, but as the only meat eater in the house, it’s pretty pointless making a whole batch just for me. So after discovering vegetarian marshmallows I decided it was finally time to make a batch. Here is the recipe I used to make these yummy treats.
- 150g butter
- 350g dark chocolate
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 250g cookies
- 150g veggie marshmallows
- To start off with bash the cookies by placing them within a carrier bag and wrapped in a tea towel. (due to carrier bags having holes in.) Bash with a rolling pin until you have some crumbs and some bigger cookie pieces.
- Next melt the butter, chocolate and syrup in a saucepan on a low heat. Make sure that you keep string, to ensure that the chocolate does not burn.
- Take the saucepan off of the heat and pour the cookies and marshmallows in, keep mixing until all is covered in chocolate.
- Now it’s time to pour the mixture into a tin and to pop in the fridge for 2 hours, or even over night if you feel like it.
- Once set, you can cut the large slab up into smaller pieces.
- Also, if you feel like it, you could even dust the top with icing sugar.